Client: N.M.C.Art PM: ELLINOTECHNIKI SA STRUCTURAL CONSULTANT: PENELIS CONSULTING ENGINEERS SA CONTRACTOR: AKTOR SA
The FIX building was designed by the architect Takis Zennetos in 1957. It was completed at 1959 except a partial addition of the 5th floor which took place in 1964. In 1995 the Athens Metro company demolished part of the building so that the remaining part has an almost orthogonal plan with 100m length. The building consists of 6 independent structures of R/C moment resisting frames which are divided with poorly constructed and problematic expansion joints. Within the context of utilization of the building as a museum, the museum announced a design competition according to the requirements of the new spaces schedule and the provisions of the codes.