It is a three level building with a basement and two theatres, one above the other. It was built between 1930-1932 with R/C structure. Task of the project was the structural upgrading, restoration according to the new R/C and Earthquake Resistant Code.
Penelis Consulting Engineers SA were assigned the total structural and seismic upgrading of the building, with several constraints such as the increase of the live loads at all storey levels and the conformity of the upgraded structures with the current Greek seismic code. All upgrading was to be achieved with the constraint that the building has been recorded by the Ministry of Culture and its faces have been declared as preserved.